Thursday 10 May 2012

Evaluation Activity 5


How did you attract/address your audience?


To attract my target audience I have included many different factors into my film. In order to attract my target audience I based my film on similar conventions of other crime thriller genre films with a similar target audience to me. 

I chose to have a young and naive victim in my film as it adds a more realistic feel to the film. I used Megan as my victim as she is young and has an innocent nature to her, which fits well with the type of character I wanted to portray in my movie.  By having a young girl, it makes her murder feel more dramatic and appeals more to my target audience age range, rather than if it was a middle aged women as the victim.


When adding my sound to my film in Soundtrack Pro I decided to use a mixture of different drones and repetitive ambient music effects to build up suspense and enhance a dramatic atmosphere to the film in order to engage the audience and to portray the types of sounds you would generally hear in a crime thriller genre.
I think that I have used an easy to follow narrative for my film to attract my target audience. I also made it follow the same conventions as a typical crime thriller genre film, which would have a similar target audience to my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment