Friday 23 September 2011

Research 7 - True Blood



The music fits perfectly with the supernatural/drama genre. It is fast, dramatic and has a rocky and quirky sound to it with the electric guitar and singing.


I like how the camera shows two perspectives on the lake one from the underneath of the lake and then another as the camera moves upwards to show you the view from the surface of the water. I also like how the titles almost blend in with the background.


I picked this screen grab because I light how the light shines through the shoots in the lake. In this shot we have the same camera angle as above, as if you're in the water looking around you.


This is a low camera angle that may be showing a child's point of view and portraying a vulnerable side to the character looking up. Again the titles in this scene blend in with the background so that they don't draw our attention instantly.


I chose this shot as I love how the snake is caught in action and it is shown in slow motion, so that we can get the feel for the power of the snake. Although I probably won't be able to do this in my video I still think it is a very powerful and exciting shot to have in a movie opening.

 

I like this screen grab as the extreme close up camera angle shows the actors expression really well. Also, you could have lots of different thoughts on what the juice on his face is there for. But I think it is meant to remind you of blood, which links in with the vampire theme in the movie and the title "True Blood".


The close up camera shot of the two woman praying immediately tells us that something is concerning them. Also, they both have some sort of tags attactched to them, showing that they are in the same situation together.

 

I love how this close up camera shot of the fox has been fastforward to show it decomposing quicktime. I might use a fastforward or rewind in time in my video to show a time frame.


The bright and bold red lips immediately grab your attention in this extreme close. Unusually the smoke comes into her mouth and dissappears as if the shot has been rewinded, this scene creates an eerie mysterious kind of setting to the opening.



This last screen grab creates an eye-catching title, with the bright red background. I also like how the words are almost embedded into the bubbles behind them. The red bubbled effect in the background may have been used to represent blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment